Neighbourhood Mail is getting an overhaul in 2018, and bigger in this case is definitely better! Canada Post has approved several changes to this incredibly cost-effective service allowing for bigger size, weight, thickness, and bundle quantity:
- Maximum size increased to 12 x 11 inches
- Maximum weight increased to 500 grams
- Maximum thickness increased to 1 inch (per piece!)
- Maximum bundle size now determined by a maximum height of 6 inches
Believe it or not, these numbers can get even bigger if you’re planning on delivering to non-letter carrier routes. These are generally found in rural or suburban areas and have specific requirements, so if you’re thinking about geographic delivery for something even bigger than what’s listed above give us a call.
Remember, the bigger the bundle the bigger the elastics you will need to secure it. This is the number one cause of issues within the Neighbourhood Mail service in our experience. Be sure to coordinate with us so we can ensure your mailing meets every postal standard.
Delivery standards have also become a lot clearer with size once again the governing factor:
- Neighbourhood Mail under 200 grams will be delivered within 3 business days
- Neighbourhood Mail between 200 and 300 grams will be delivered within 4 business days
- Neighbourhood Mail between 300 and 500 grams will be delivered within 9 business days
These numbers are the time once the material has arrived at the correct postal station, so you will have to allow for transportation time if your campaign falls outside of the Victoria core.
Aristos has solutions for all Neighbourhood Mail campaigns from the hundreds to the hundreds of thousands. Call us today to help your next mail campaign succeed!