Canada Post’s yearly price changes will happen on Monday, January 15, 2018. While most prices have changed some – like the price of postage stamps, have remained the same. Check out the updated price sheets on our Postal Rates page. Here are a few of the changes:
- Lettermail rates for stamps have remained unchanged for yet another year! Rates for using a postage meter or indicia have gone up between 2¢ and 10¢ depending on size and weight.
- Neighbourhood Mail rates for overweight items are unchanged, but the options have greatly expanded! See our blog post for details. Regular weight items have increased by just 0.2¢ per piece.
- Personalized Mail has increased by 1¢ or 2¢ per piece for different categories but you can still save up to 60% over the cost of a postage stamp on a standard size piece.
- Publications Mail postage has increased by either 1¢ or 3¢ per piece depending on the service type.
- Postal Code Targeting has increased by 0.6¢ a piece.
From a service standpoint, the Incentive Lettermail and Postal Code Targeting services will no longer require you to sign a separate agreement contract with Canada Post in order to be accessed. This is fantastic news as it allows us to assist you without the time and hassle of dealing with extra Canada Post paperwork.
As always we are ready to help you with your mailing needs. Call us today and get your 2018 marketing campaign off to the right start!
Neighbourhood Mail is getting an overhaul in 2018, and bigger in this case is definitely better! Canada Post has approved several changes to this incredibly cost-effective service allowing for bigger size, weight, thickness, and bundle quantity:
- Maximum size increased to 12 x 11 inches
- Maximum weight increased to 500 grams
- Maximum thickness increased to 1 inch (per piece!)
- Maximum bundle size now determined by a maximum height of 6 inches
Believe it or not, these numbers can get even bigger if you’re planning on delivering to non-letter carrier routes. These are generally found in rural or suburban areas and have specific requirements, so if you’re thinking about geographic delivery for something even bigger than what’s listed above give us a call.
Remember, the bigger the bundle the bigger the elastics you will need to secure it. This is the number one cause of issues within the Neighbourhood Mail service in our experience. Be sure to coordinate with us so we can ensure your mailing meets every postal standard.
Delivery standards have also become a lot clearer with size once again the governing factor:
- Neighbourhood Mail under 200 grams will be delivered within 3 business days
- Neighbourhood Mail between 200 and 300 grams will be delivered within 4 business days
- Neighbourhood Mail between 300 and 500 grams will be delivered within 9 business days
These numbers are the time once the material has arrived at the correct postal station, so you will have to allow for transportation time if your campaign falls outside of the Victoria core.
Aristos has solutions for all Neighbourhood Mail campaigns from the hundreds to the hundreds of thousands. Call us today to help your next mail campaign succeed!
As Fall begins, thoughts inevitably turn to the rapidly approaching end of 2017. Canada Post has been offering an incredible discount of 25% on Personalized Mail to clients who haven’t used their services in the last 12 months, but this offer may not return in 2018.
Connect directly with your customers and promote your product, service, or event for an incredibly low price. Call us now to take advantage of big savings!
Canada Post’s yearly price changes happened on Monday, January 16; while most prices have changed some, like the price of postage stamps, have remained the same. Check out the updated price sheets on our Postal Rates page. Here are a few of the changes:
- Neighbourhood Mail rates for overweight items are unchanged. Regular weight items have increased by just 0.2¢ per piece.
- Personalized Mail has increased by 1.0¢ for most categories but you can still save up to 60.8% over the cost of a postage stamp on a standard size piece.
- Publications Mail postage has increased by either 1.0 or 2.0¢ depending on the service type.
As always we are ready to help you with your mailing needs. Call us today and get your 2017 marketing campaign off to the right start!
Not exactly today, but it was the fall of 1996 when Jamie Genge joined Aristos Mail. Since then he’s done everything around here and is the face of the business when I’m not around. Thanks for the help through the years.
Canada Post has rolled out new Postal Indicia artwork for their Personalized Mail service. The new artwork reflects the new name (this was formerly known as Addressed Admail) and includes a 2D barcode.
The new artwork won’t be mandatory until March 2017, so you have a lot of time to use any existing stock you may have with the old artwork.
Please feel free to contact us if you want new Personalized Mail Indicia artwork with your specific customer number – we will be happy to make it for you!
Personalized Mail S/L Postal Indicia
The new year is upon us and we are gearing up for another exciting year of direct marketing! Here’s what’s new and coming up in 2016:
Canada Post rates change on Monday, January 11 – check out the updated price sheets on our Postal Rates page. Just as a reminder:
- Neighbourhood Mail (formerly Unaddressed Admail) rates have not increased.
- Personalized Mail (formerly Addressed Admail) can save you 54% over the cost of a postage stamp on a standard size piece.
- Publications Mail now has a machineable option to save you even more on postage when designed appropriately. Call us to take advantage!
Canada Post has rebranded their Direct Mail services under the new Smartmail Marketing banner, including the Expert Partner Program. You may have seen the new logo below in our emails and elsewhere on our website.
As always we are ready to help you with your mailing needs. Call us today and get your 2016 marketing campaign off to the right start!
We have updated our Postal Rates page with links to the new rates effective January 11, 2016. Some highlights include:
- Name changes! Addressed Admail is now Personalized Mail and Unaddressed Mail is now Neighbourhood Mail. The names better reflect the intent and possibilities of the services.
- Publications Mail has joined the Machineable revolution! If your publication meets Machineable standards, your postage costs will actually be reduced next year with rates starting at 46 cents.
- Neighbourhood Mail is not increasing! Rates will stay the same for 2016 as Canada Post’s holiday gift for your advertising budget.
- A commitment to cutting red tape! Canada Post has been working behind the scenes with Expert Partners including us across Canada to streamline their rules and regulations. Design documents across all categories are being simplified on an ongoing basis to make your campaigns easier to design and implement.
The holiday rush has begun in our shop and spaces are being booked up. Call us today to plan your holiday mailing, get ready for 2016, or just to chat – we’d love to hear from you!
Canada Post has reorganised their Venture One program and change the name to Solutions for Small Business. As part of this new program, a new discount structure has been added for Unaddressed Admail.
Canada Post will now track your volumes on a quarterly basis, and automatically apply increasing discounts when you pass certain thresholds. You don’t need to do anything but send out Unaddressed Admail to benefit. You even start with a 5% discount just for being a customer! Even better, once you’ve reached a higher discount level it will be locked in for 12 months.
These discounts make being a Small Business customer much more attractive, and represent a great savings without needing to commit to the large yearly volumes of a contract rate.
Here is how it breaks down for a standard size Unaddressed piece:
Single Piece Rate 15.8¢
5% Discount 15.0¢ 0 to 35,000 pieces in a 12 month period
10% Discount 14.2¢ 35,001 to 60,000 pieces in a 12 month period
15% Discount 13.4¢ More than 60,000 pieces in a 12 month period
All you need to access these savings is a Canada Post account number. If you don’t already have one, call us today at 250-384-7678 and, as an Expert Partner with Canada Post, we can get you one in 5 minutes.
On January 12, 2015 Canada Post implemented their annual price changes. This year, similar to last year, prices have stayed the same, gone up, and gone down!
The pricing structure has been simplified this year so we should be able to give more accurate quotes on postage.
If you are buying a single stamp for a letter weighing under 30 grams the price is $1.00. If you buy a packet of stamps the price is 85¢ each. Both of these prices are exactly the same as 2014. Paying by postal indicia or by postage meter is now 77¢ – still a significant savings!
Addressed Admail (promotional) mailing pieces have increased but still represent savings of 41.6% up to 73.2% when compared to Lettermail.
Unaddressed Admail has increased 2.6% but we can help you access additional savings.
Publication Mail, Business Reply Mail, and International Incentive Letterpost rates have all increased.
As always give us a call before you design your mailing campaign so that we can assist you in making sure it is the most cost effective and complies with the various Canada Post rules.